100 treasures

Tuart House mosaic
Tuart House mosaic
Tuart House mosaic
Tuart House on Crawley Avenue was built in 1934 as a residence for the University's vice-chancellors. A rare example of a pictorial mosaic designed by George Benson sits above the north entrance porch of the house. It carries the words 'Tuart House' in red lettering set against a background of native tuart trees, with the Swan River and Darling Ranges in the distance. Tuart House is currently the headquarters for the Perth International Arts Festival.

Crawley Avenue

Caption: Robyn Taylor
Photo: Ron D’Raine, D’Raine Images