100 treasures

St George's College Chapel
St George's College Chapel
St George's College Chapel
Saint George's College opened in 1931 and was the first permanent residential college built on the Crawley site. The Foundation Stone of the chapel was laid by the first Archbishop of Perth, Charles Owen Leaver Riley, in 1928. The front doors of the Chapel are called the 'west doors'. Most churches are located east-west, but the College Chapel runs north-south. On the exterior of the 'west' wall are the five 'blazons' of the five dioceses to which Crawley has belonged: Canterbury, Calcutta, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth.
Photo: St George’s College