100 treasures

Tower Clock
Tower Clock
Tower Clock and Balconette
The face of the clock was originally designed in opus sectile to match the rondels above the windows on the Administration building. During the 1950s the clock face was replaced with glazed terracotta due to weathering. Donnybrook stone was used in the construction of the balcony with the design incorporating the motif of the local banksia leaf and flower. The balustrading features the Cross of the Templars.

Rodney Alsop, architect
Tower Clock, 1931, and Balconette, 1930, Winthrop Hall

Caption: Robyn Taylor
Photo: Pier Leach