100 treasures

Love House
Love House
Love House
The two-storey surgery and residence of gynaecologist Dr John Love was built in 1930 in the inter-war Spanish Mission style by Perth architects Oldham, Boas and Ednie Brown. The house was a popular venue for parties and dances, and during World War II Australian officers and US sub-mariners were billeted with the Love family. The University acquired the property in 1984.

Broadway and Cooper Streets, Nedlands

Caption: Shobha Cameron
Photo: Ron D’Raine, D’Raine Images